Clean the PCportable and even the monitor and rest of peripherals it is a recurring maintenance task that we all need to perform from time to time so that the hardware remains in good condition for longer (apart from hygiene, of course). There are various cleaning techniques and products that we can use, but the one we are going to talk about today is the isopropyl alcoholwhich will become your best ally when you go to do a thorough cleaning of your PC.
Surely you have read or heard that the best thing to clean your PC, monitor and peripherals is alcohol, but you must be very careful because if you use sanitary alcohol you will probably be damaging your precious hardware components. For this reason, isopropyl alcohol exists, and then we will explain why.
Isopropyl alcohol, your best ally to clean your PC
Isopropyl alcohol, 70% alcohol or isopropanol is a colorless chemical compound but it has a really strong and even unpleasant smell (the smell goes away after a few seconds, yes, so don’t worry that everything smells like alcohol isopropyl after use). At first glance it is the same as sanitary alcohol, but in low temperature conditions it becomes quite dense. Of course, just like sanitary alcohol it is highly flammableso you have to be very careful with this.
The properties of this variety of alcohol make it ideal for cleaning electronic components, such as PCs or peripherals, since although it maintains its disinfectant properties, it is much less abrasive than sanitary alcohol (which is why it is 70% instead of 96%) and does not harm plastics, paint or metals. In addition, it evaporates quickly and leaves no tracewhich is why it is ideal for cleaning delicate appliances.
Of course, you should also have some precautions when using it:
- We have already told you that it is flammableso be careful to use it away from any source of fire or sparks.
- It is recommended to use it in well ventilated spacessince its strong smell can cause dizziness (in extreme cases).
- It is also recommended to use latex gloves to avoid contact with the skin. It’s okay if you touch this alcohol, but prolonged exposure can cause skin irritation.
- If you buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, be sure to keep it out of the reach of children (most will have a safety cap anyway).
Where can you buy this type of alcohol?
Although the name of this type of alcohol may not have sounded familiar to you until you have reached this article, it is actually a very common product that you can buy almost anywhere:
- Large supermarkets such as Mercadona, Leroy Merlín or El Corte Inglés. Look for it in the cleaning / drugstore section.
- In hardware stores.
- In drugstores.
- In online stores like Amazon.
Since this type of alcohol is considered a cleaning product, where you will not be able to find it is in pharmacies, but as you may already guess, its use is so widespread that you can find it in almost any relatively large store or dedicated to cleaning products.